Sunday, October 11, 2009

LOGICOMIX: An Epic Search for Truth





Yesterday was to have been a day of writing and programming. Instead, I surprised myself by buzzing through a 300+ page graphic novel on the life of Bertand Russell and his quest for the foundations of mathematics.

This "comic" was an impulse buy in our local indie bookstore yesterday. It's browsing for and finding jewels like this that remind me why I still love physical bookstores so much.

The authors and illustrators tell a great story, mixing romance, two world wars, politics, philosophy, logic, math and human failings into a narrative compelling enough to distract me from A Lot of Other Stuff I Needed to Get Done.

A fine tale well told. I've passed it on to my son, to see how it fares with the tastes of a 15.9 year old.

I'm off to a play this afternoon, and then it's back to the joys of XCode and Objective C.

1 comment:

alexanderpink said...

Nice, I'll have to check this one out!